POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need a scripting language : Need a scripting language Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Need a scripting language
From: Chambers
Date: 15 Mar 2008 04:18:32
Message: <47db9468@news.povray.org>
OK, I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing this, but *if* I
decide to do it, I need a new tool for it...

Basically, I need to write an app that will store user submitted data in
a database, create visual representations of said data, and query
specific web sites based on the data selected.  In other words, a
language that makes it easy to:

) Use forms to enter data
) Store data in a DB
) Query said DB through other forms
) Create graphical presentations
) Fetch a web page
) Process said web page, looking for specific information

Ideally I would also be able to format data for sending to a printer,
but that's optional.

In this particular instance, I don't care about "the right way to do
things", or efficiency (whether in terms of execution speed or memory
use), or anything like that.  All I want is rapid & easy development of
this tool.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good language to handle these tasks?

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com